BLOOMIN' ARTS fest
april 24, 2021 - 10AM until 4PM
Annually, the Harlem Arts Council (HAC) hosts the “Bloomin' Arts Festival” in downtown Harlem. The attendance at the 2019 event came to more than 300 participants. The event includes music, a diversity of art, gorgeous flowers, and inspired smiles and community pride. Vendors include artists selling a variety of original work, including, paintings, photographs, pottery, soap, jewelry, furniture, bird houses, turned wood pens, historic non-fiction, home-made jams & cakes, fiber art and quilts. The event also includes a children's art contest for all grade levels. Performing groups include local student choirs, singers, and musical groups. Attendance is FREE to the public.
Putting it together: Harlem Arts Council strives to bring to the community an increased awareness for art in all forms. One of the festival's goals is to showcase the art of local children and area artists. The event brings in families from all over Columbia County and helps them experience the friendly small-town atmosphere Harlem provides.
If you would like to be a vendor at this festival, please see the form below. We are also looking for volunteers to help with the organization and running of the festival. If you are interested in participating in this magnificent community event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules for Vendors
1. Designated space is a 10x10 space. You can request a 20x10 if you wish.
2. Preferred color of tents for the space is white, however for accommodating the artists due to circumstances of 2020 financial events, we will let this one go for 2021's event.
3. All tents must have at least two matching walls to create a wonderful display of Arts.
4. No Buy/Sell--All art pieces for sale Must be the artist's Original art work. HAC's goal is to promote artists and their work. Anyone who does not comply will be asked to leave.
5. Artists must be present during the hours of the event
6. Artists' signs may be displayed above the tent (if possible) or inside on the back wall of the tent.
7. No setup of display on the path or outside of the tent ground area.
8. No spiking the tents please ... all tents must be secured by weights( sandbags are acceptable for each leg)
9. The detailed schedule for setup time and parking will be send out several days prior to the event.